10 Beauty Products for your Retro Diva
You know my affinity for all things vintage and classic… well here are the 10 beauty products I use everyday to transport myself to a world of silver screen gents and sparkling lights…
If your girl is anything like me these will be home runs!
2. Flawless skin! Inspired by old Hollywood movie stars, I even out my skin tone with MAC Studio Fix Fluid.
3. Let Secrets be Secrets. Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage for under eyes and little “problems”… for extra umpth I use the light side as a highlighter on the top of my cheek bones, eye brow bones, down the bridge of my nose and center of the chin for some photo-perfect contouring.
4. Power Puff. I finish out the contouring by using this MAC Blot Powder (I use the tone “Dark”) on my cheek bones, creases of my eyes, down the sides of my nose and under my jaw line.
5. Apple Cheeks! Right in the apple of my cheeks and give it a nice healthy pop of red with this NARS Powder Blush in Exhibit A, makes you look like a doll!
7. All about Eyes. I keep it simple, Le Métier de Beauté in Sugar all over and Tamarack in the crease and at the lash line. For night time I do an extra application of Tamarack for very hooded eyes… ooo la la
8. Play ‘em up. Mascara, mascara, mascara… I love mascara! I do lots of coats of MAC False Lashes mascara which I love because it makes big glossy lashes that don’t smudge around the eyes yet washes off at night easily.
9. Flirty Eyes. This is where it gets good. It doesn’t take much, just 5 to 7 flares per eye to fill it in but it makes all the difference especially in photographs! I do this almost every single day.
Step by Step:
- Squeeze a TINY drop of Duo Eyelash adhesive (I use dark tone and prefer Duo as it does not damage your natural lashes and washes off easily)
- Using tweezers pull 1 flare and lightly dip the base end in the glue.
- With the tweezers holding the flared end set them on top of your eye lashes as close to the base as possible but not on the eyelid.
- Repeat as much as you like!
- Let dry for 5mins or so then apply a final layer of mascara then gently pinch the false lashes to your real ones to give a seamless illusion.
- Bat those babies and break hearts.
10. Paint it RED. What is a retro diva without red lips?! This is my go-to, all time favorite combo. Start on the outside of lips with Cargo Reverse Lip Liner (I use “light”), draw the shape and fill in the lips lightly with MAC Lip Liner in SPICE, Then top it off for show with MAC lipstick in LADY DANGER. VOILA!
- sodapopanddritalin reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- venus-gospel likes this
- canaryhiccup reblogged this from miggylol
- katzen-kinder likes this
- yemelesshaecceity likes this
- citra30 reblogged this from annstreetstudio and added:
- afantasycloset reblogged this from annstreetstudio and added:
- bewareofchairs likes this
- anime-hentai likes this
- growhairback likes this
- ish8calabash reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- overdo likes this
- xanaxpictures likes this
- adolwyn likes this
- p-s-y-c-h-o-t-i-q-u-e likes this
- aurumfaze reblogged this from miggylol
- dreams-inwonderland reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- mk-e likes this
- kales reblogged this from ladcock
- isagrimorie reblogged this from miggylol
- goldengrahams reblogged this from miggylol
- goldengrahams likes this
- miggylol reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- flamingcocofairy likes this
- heyyoumakethis likes this
- fiercetheavenue likes this
- hippiejannny reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- insidethefishbowl reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- insidethefishbowl likes this
- blogsandy reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- puella-aeterna likes this
- yasibaby reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- yourstarlight reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- alexd86 likes this
- marshmallow-fires likes this
- every-day-should-feel-this-goood reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- thirteeny13 likes this
- chopsticksandtravelshoes likes this
- eliseeyoupee likes this
- katiewelch reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- sweettalkerally reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- coolcalmandeccentric reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- moveinthrees reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- tinyteacakes reblogged this from annstreetstudio
- megan-s-lehr likes this
- rainbow-cataracts likes this
- annstreetstudio posted this